Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ringing in a New Year

Today is New Years Eve. It's the end of an old year and the start of a new one, 2010. The end of 2009, starting in August, was one big blur. College started off and to me everything was so overwhelming. I lived a life where fashion and real food didn't exist, and my whole being was forced to be dedicated to school. It was like a nightmare, but less cynical. There were a few things that I learned a long the way, very vital things in my case. First, never walk to school in the dying heat, unless you like walking into class like a sweaty pig. Don't ride you're bike, and pretend to be a pro a if you're not. You'll end up making a fool of yourself and falling on your ass. (Ahem, not saying that I did.) If you're taking you're car, good luck finding parking. The safest and less hazardous way is to ride the bus, it's free. Second, try to stay healthy. I know it's difficult trying to cook you're own food, but just because you can't cook doesn't mean you have to buy junk food. And try not to eat every time you're bored, that's how you'll pack on the pounds. And last, but not least, study study study. Even when you know you really don't have to, it will definitely help. So now that a new year is coming a new semester will follow, and hopefully the transition will be a little bit better. 2009 was also the year that my niece, Emily Mae, was born.  She's brought so much joy and happiness to our family. Emily is the light of our life. I thank God for a good year, and another one to come. So Happy New Years! Bring it on 2010! Here's a small look back at 2009.

DSCN0044

This was my last show steer, his name was Blackberry, but I called him Berry for short.

DSCN0161

       This was Steven, my boyfriend, and I just about to leave to prom.

 DSCN0152

Our girls powerlifting team won 1st at Regional's and 1st again at State.   For Regional's I came in 3rd and for State I came in 2nd.

296

                                              One word…Graduation!

photo

             My beautiful baby niece Emily, born September 25, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment